Eric M. Abel
Eric M. Abel
- Dissolution of marriage 50%
- Custody of children 30%
- Paternity 20%
Eric Abel is a 1967 graduate of Schulte High School. He graduated from Indiana State University and the University of Tulsa College of Law. He has attended hundreds of hours in continuing legal education. He has been a lecturer in family law.
Eric Abel served Vigo County as the elected prosecuting attorney from 1979 to 1987. This added another layer of depth to his experience and made him adept at trial litigation. After eight years as prosecutor and forty years of family law litigation, Eric Abel knows his way around the courtroom.
Eric Abel has represented thousands of clients and has oriented his practice to be as thorough as possible in every facet of a client’s unique case. He has been exclusively practicing family law for 40 years.
Eric is an active member of Faith Wesleyan Church in Terre Haute. He enjoys spending his spare time with his 7 grandchildren.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 00/1974
- Indiana State University, Evansville, Indiana
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1971
- Indiana, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- Faith Wesleyan Church in Terre Haute, Member, Present
- Vigo County, Prosecuting Attorney, 1979 to 1987
- Attorney General – State of IN, Deputy Attorney General, 1975
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Pi
- Vigo County Bar Association, 1975 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, 1975 to Present